Flashing Official ROM on GT-I900H Samsung Galaxy S2
Hello everyone, this Samsung Galaxy s2 was brought to us because of the system always hanging and not responding, our customer already done the factory reset but no improvement.
So for this matter, the only solution is to download and upgrade the firmware to the new and latest available. So we’ll always choose the official rom and most latest and stable version from a trusted source,
here we would like to share guide to flashing a new firmware for Samsung galaxy s2 gt-i900h.
first of all, preparing the computer with samsung mobile usb modem driver, if your computer already installed with Samsung KIes then it should not be a problem, the driver should available and once you connect the phone, Windows will start searching the driver an install automatically
Tools you need to prepare before attempting flashing process:
1: Firmware of Samsung GTi900h and if you need the firmware that support your own local language pick the right version (ex: XME for Malaysia)
Then the step to take note:
- Connect samsung gt-i900h to the computer you working on. Install samsung USB Modem driver, wait sometime until installation finish, to check whether it success or not, simply open Device Manager and the Samsung USB driver will be located under Modem.
- Launch Odin 3.09, run as administrator in case needed
- Preparing the GT-i900h to a Download Mode by holding Volume down + Middle menu button + power button simultaneously then You will enter download mode. You will be asked to press Volume Up to continue to the download mode.
- Setting up the odin with samsung firmware. Uncheck re-partition. Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Don’t mess with the partition table or you will end up with software brick if you don’t have the Pit File to recreate.
- From the firmware file. if you download in Win rar version, extract first to your local hard disk. The folder normally contain AP/PDA file with .tar.md5 extension.
- In odin under File download, click on AP/PDA and locate the firmware file with .tar.md5 file, leave the rest blank. and click start to continue flashing process, please do not interrupt while flashing process.
- Once complete odin will be displayed RESET and you can now remove your phone from the computer and the gt-i900h will be auto reboot to continue the software installation .